The Datalys Center specializes in epidemiological research in sport and other physically active populations. The Datalys Center is the only laboratory in the country that collects injury data across all spectrums of youth (ages 5-23) using the same methodology and technology allowing for an apples to apples comparison of injury rates across all levels of competition (youth, high school and college sports). Across high school and collegiate sports, the Datalys Center has comparable data for 25 sports from over 140 high schools and 150 colleges and universities. Our goal is to provide these data back to the NCAA, district and state high school athletic associations, national governing bodies, youth sport organizations, coaches, parents and players. We also share these data with collaborators and other external researchers through our DISC data request process.
Our core competency is injury surveillance, but we have also conducted independent studies for various clients outside of our ongoing programs and sub-studies within existing programs. A list of our sponsors can be found here.
Because we are an independent non-profit organization, Datalys can conduct short-term and long-term studies at lower costs than for-profit contract research organizations and independent researchers. While we often solicit grants from competitive sources, because of our flexibility, we can also work with program sponsors to find innovative and creative ways to fund programs important to them.
Our Capabilities include:
Study Design and Execution
- Longitudinal injury surveillance
- Health related outcomes
- Return on investment analyses
- Clinical research
- Qualitative and mix-methods
- Head impact studies using accelerometers
- Case abstractions
Database and Application Design and Management
- Manage the development of common data elements and clinical report forms
- Manage the development and structure of research databases
- Manage sponsor owned longitudinal datasets
- Provide data collector support
- Conduct data quality assurance and data collector training
Data Analyses and Reporting
- Written and oral annual reports
- Fact Sheets